Sunday 15 May 2016

Review: Beautylabo Pure Beige Hair Color

My hair has been dyed several times over the past years (usually I'd go for the warm brown tones that would range from medium brown to copper brown). I think the most daring color I had was supposedly the lightest brown color offered but turned out to be more blond on me (I was called Goldilocks for a time--so you can imagine the color impact it had on me). It was only recently that I discovered DIY hair color kit. Perhaps it must have been the cute attractive package it came with or the increase in price to have your hair done at the salon.

Anyway.....i discovered Hoyu Beautylabo hair color by accident. I was not meaning to buy it when i stepped inside the store but seeing how attractive it was (It came in a pink themed box...pink was all I needed to see). I narrowed my choices to Creamy Ash and Pure Beige. But since I was hoping to achieve a lighter color from my existing color (Dark Copper Brown), Pure Beige won.
My previous color under nature light indoors

Beautylabo comes in the following colors: 
Honey Blonde, Natural Blonde, Creamy Ash, Candy Apricot, Raspberry pink, Dark Brown and Pure Beige




The winning choice 

Not to mention the oh-so affordable price. As of this posting, one box cost me P239 ( roughly $5). If you have short to medium length hair,one box will do but for longer hair (meaning length is past the bra line), safer bet was to get two boxes.

From my understanding (a.k.a. researching from the ever reliable internet)--Beautylabo products were originally from Japan but lately these products are made in Thailand. Either way, still asian made---meaning it will suit Asian hair the best (I hope)

Opening the box would reveal:

1.Cream Colorant (this is already incorporated inside the clear bottle marked No.2)

2.Developer colorant (comes in the sachet marked no.1)

3.Pink nozzle for application

4.Plastic gloves

5. DIRECTIONS guide in 4 languages (although the pictures are clear enough to understand)

6. Bonus : After-color cream protectant (not all the time do the box carry this..I think I must have gotten at the time that there was a promo)

Taken again from the internet

I initially thought that there was not much difference in the color (*sniff*)  but after towel drying and air drying it, the color slowly came out. Indoors, the color is quite subtle but outside or when natural (our beloved sun) or artificial light (a.k.a bathroom light)--wow! the color pops out..not in a Goldilocks kind of way but it makes you look quite refresh and enhances your skin-color (esp if you are achieving white skin)..well, that's how I felt.
I thought there was no change in color (huhuhu) but then again this was under poor light
Under the light indoors, the color started to show (yay!)



Pros:
  1. The price (very affordable)
  2. The package (so easy on the eyes...people like me are easily drawn to it)
  3. Easy to use..(literally a 1,2,3 step process)
  4. Did not make my hair dry (considering the fact that I had used ordinary shampoo and conditioner after. It also helped that the box I bought came with a free after-color cream)

Cons:
  1. The smell (it had this ammonia-like smell..if you have sensitive nose,best that the area where you plan on having to color your hair is well-ventilated. Otherwise, the smell can be a bit overpowering)
  2. It didn't come with a shower cap ( based on experience, the color will absorb more if it is wrapped. 


Update:
Day 1 post-color:
My hair is still surprisingly soft (actually it is softer than my normal everyday hair). Although, the "I-just-colored-my-hair" smell is still there (just a whiff though)

The effect must have been as such since this was taken under yellow light
Under the sun, it gave a much softer brownish color. I will try to post a picture taken outdoors next time.
For some reason, Beautylabo made my natural curls seem to stand out in a softer sense. (I am as surprise as you are!) With the humidity now, my hair WAS limped and oh-so dry





Will I buy this product again? YES! I loved how the color came out.






No comments:

Post a Comment