Tuesday 17 May 2016

Review: Tony Moly Lip Stain No. 2 Red

I'd like to believe that lip tints were invented for those who wished to achieve that natural healthy coloured lips or who would want to enhance their natural lip color. They don't feel heavy on the lips with application. For this reason, I love lip tints!

I have tried several lip tints and have stocked with them for a couple of years but I am open trying other brands as well. Tony Moly is one the many Korean brand that specializes on make-up and skin care that is available in the country. Truth be told I have never stepped inside their store but have been tempted more than once to do so but that temptation came to an end when I decided to give in this afternoon and see what they had to offer.




First thing that I asked as soon as i entered was their lip tint. The sales lady immediately pointed on to me a rack full of their lip tint. Their version comes in three different colors, they were simply labeled as no.1, no.2 and no.3.  (but for more detailed names: No. 1 is Cherry Pink, No. 2 is Red and No. 3 is Orange Cha Cha--although as of this posting, I did not see No. 3) . I was told that No. 2 is their best seller. So without hesitation, I purchased it at P198 (not bad at all, roughly this would be $ 4-5)


Wasn't able to picture the cute heart-shaped cap




According to their website, Tony Moly Delight Lip Tint
DESCRIPTION
1. Lip tint with 98% of moisture base 2. Botanical oil prevents from drying and keeps moisture on lips 3. Fresh and fruit scent

Tony Moly lip tint comes in a clear tube with a heart shaped cover that also serves as an applicator at the end. Just like most tube lip make-up, it is protectively sealed with a clear plastic but easy to remove. Uncapping the lip tint, the first thing I notice was the smell. It was a fruity smell. Initially, it smelt like grapes then later like cherries. Either, it was indeed a pleasant smell. The tint itself was more of a watery-gel like consistency. 


Careful when uncapping as the tint may spill.


The color when applied on my hand seemed quite dark but when mixed evenly leaves a more natural color but had a shimmery effect.


For a small amount, it is highly pigmented.

Shiny shimmery


Application on the lips, I tried to achieve the gradient color for a more natural look..what do you think?


Surprisingly, it was easy to apply--considering I was half-asleep at the wee-hours of the morning
(Tip: try scrubbing your lips first, you may apply lip balm after then outline the outer lips with a concealer before applying the tint at the centre. Use your ring finger for more control without the heaviness)


I also tried it on my cheeks as well :)


Taken with the bathroom light at the crack of dawn 

This was after 8 hours. 
The tint survived both on the cheeks and on the lips (woo-hoo!)




Pros:
  1. The price (affordable!)
  2. The packaging (who could resist the heart-shaped cover--it brings  out the girly side in me)
  3. The smell (very pleasant fruity smell that won't offend anyone especially those with sensitive nose---if only I could figure out whether it is grapes or cherries. I welcome anyone who could help me out in this)
  4. The tint is very pigmented (one application on lips in okay)
  5. When applied on the cheeks, it can give that "I-just-ran" flushed look 
  6. The lasting factor (as you can see,it lasted for 8 hours)

Cons:
  1. It stains on your fingers or hands (perhaps being very pigmented has its downside but you need alcohol to remove it from your hands)
  2. When not applied properly it can come out as uneven.
  3. Towards the end of the day, it can leave a halo ring around your inner lips ( If you are planning a night get together, you may need to reapply or use this as a base coat prior to applying a dab of lipstick)

Will I buy this again? Yep! But it may take awhile before I repurchase it (I thinking 6 months if used daily) as I have mentioned, one small dab can go a long way. So don't worry if the tint is only 9ml,all you need is a very very small amount 

No comments:

Post a Comment