Monday 23 May 2016

Review: Belo Intensive Whitening Face and Neck Cream

So, I got this product together with Belo BB cream. I was inclined to get this because for P269.75, who could resist that price especially one that belongs to a familiar household name for skincare. And besides, although I have been religiously applying lotion daily, it has been limited to my arms,legs and body...not so much has been applied in my face (a little cleansing and toner ...that's just about it). So I kind of figured, why not start now...

That familiar orange and white color combination that screams intense whitening product here



This particular "intensive whitening" Belo line of product boasts two of the most powerful whitening ingredients: Kojic Acid and Tranexamic Acid. Most of the whitening products on display would only have the (popular) Kojic Acid infused in them OR a small amount of Tranexamic Acid but this particular line of whitening product has the combination the two. But wait..won't doubling the dose of "acid" to our skin be harmful? A quick research eased this concern. Apparently,  Kojic Acid is an organic compound that stops melanin production, thus giving our skin a visibly lighter appearance. Tranexamic Acid on the other hand, is a peptide that prevent inflammation and melanin formation,as well. It supposedly works best on stubborn dark sports. Hence, giving our skin a more even and radiant look.  .







Personally, I think this cream is the least messy of all creams as it comes with a little curved spatula. Thus, sparing us from dipping and dipping again our fingers into the tub which technically is unhygienic therefore defeating the purpose of "skincare".


Look! Don't let the small size fool you. It's a useful spatula


The smell is quite strong especially for one that will be applied to your face ( a.k.a areas near your nose). But I hear this is similar to their body lotion. The smell will eventually go away. The lotion is best described as watery-thick. Best to apply it thinly but take note a small amount goes a really long way. For one, this product has SPF 30. Although I apply this only during the night (as I am currently alternately using the Belo BB Cream which has a higher SPF at 50). Plus it absorbs quickly,leaving a rather dewy look that will quickly dry without drying your face and neck but rather keeping it moisturise all day (or in my case, all-night).


A bit watery-thick consistency that absorbs quickly


Easy to apply that leaves my skin dewy and moisturised 


On initially application to the face, again the first thing that I noticed was the smell. It was a pleasant one but quite strong. But, my face was immediately transformed to dewy-looking.

And after a week's use, I noticed my skin to be less-tired and "less-deprived-of-sleep" each morning (remember, I apply it only at night). And my skin did lighten just a bit. 

Will update you guys again in another week or so to see how this product goes.


Pros:
  1. It absorbs quickly. 
  2. It gives this initial dewy look that will keep your skin moisturised all-day
  3. The price is so temptingly affordable (with that tub and a small amount..it goes a really long way)
  4. Surprisingly, it did lighten a bit my face  (this was in a week's time of usage)
  5. It has SPF 30 
  6. It is hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested ( so with confidence, any one can use this product)
  7. It is one of the most hygienic and least messy cream as it comes with a little spatula for application

Cons:

  1. The cover ( Laugh all you want but I initially found it hard to open the tub...but atleast, you know spillage is prevented)
  2. The smell ( like I mentioned earlier ,it can be a bit overwhelming ...BUT for some strange reason, it can be addicting--I for one could not help but smell it often when I tested it in my hand...so I don't know if this is a con or a pro)
Will I buy it again? Yes. Why not..especially after seeing the initial one week result. This looks promising.


No comments:

Post a Comment