Monday 23 May 2016

Review: Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream

Soon summer (along with it the heat it brings) is almost over but that does not mean we should be lax with protecting our skin. I stumbled upon the  Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream by chance as I dodged inside the mall thanks to the sudden rain downpour ( I did mention earlier that summer was almost over)...and because I did not want to appear as one of those hit-and-run shoppers (those that will look around forever but will leave the store empty-handed) as I figured I will be inside for quite some time ( I knew I should have not taken out my umbrella and left it at home the very last minute)---I decided to browse the first rack I saw which happened to be the skin care section. And what do you know, right within eye-level was this bright orange-white packaging that proudly had itself labeled under Belo products. Curiosity got to me and I picked it up.


Double Duty: Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid


I first came across the term "BB Cream" around the very same time the influence of Korean, Japanese was reaching it's peak in our country (thanks to all those KPop and JPop...not to mention the Korean dramas and Japanese dramas--you get the picture). From the medical point, a quick history will show that BB cream was initially first used for burn patients. Recently, BB cream has been manufactured to give the skin that even radiant (and sometimes) dewy fresh natural look. Personally, I like using BB cream rather than foundation and such as it feels lighter and absorbs faster in my skin. And because of this, I have tried several brands of BB cream. Currently, I have been a fan of Pond's BB Cream in light shade.



A really long list of ingredients--compacted in a 10ml tube


Ofcourse, this does not mean I am open to still try other brands. More so one that has always been a household name when it comes to skin care. Also, Belo is a local brand (support and love your own,right?)

For the price of P378.00, you get 10ml worth of cream. It only comes in one shade "Medium to Deep" but don't let the name fool you, as you can see here, the cream is on the light shade

Appears to be lighter than my skin color


With proper application, the cream is easily absorbed but leaves your skin a bit smoother


It absorbs quickly and making my skin a bit more even-looking

According to the product, this can be used alone or can be layered under your favourite foundation or powder (in my case, I will try layering it before applying my existing Pond's BB Cream). However, it is important to remember that as much as possible, this should not be applied close in the eye area as it contains both Kojic Acid and Tranexamic Acid. Therefore it MAY cause mild peeling within sensitive areas such as the under eyes area.



I will update you guys once I have atleast reached the two-week application marks but so far the initial application may not exactly cover totally the eyebags but it did give my skin a light fresh looking appearance. As for the claims of tone correcting features, it may need longer application to see it (as I have just started using it..perhaps in two week's time?)



Pros:

  1. The smell (it gives off this powdery scent--which would help tune in our mind that you yourself are fresh-looking already)
  2. It absorbs quickly (leaving your skin smooth)
  3. It is SPF 50 and pa++++ (bring it on, Mr. Sun)
  4. It has tone correcting feature (no more stubborn dark spots)
  5. It is hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested (Carrying the name of a world-renowned dermatologist, no doubt she has ensured only the best for her product line)
  6. It is non-comedogenic and paraben-free (although parabens are relatively safe, it has shown that they can disrupt estrogen production that has been linked to breast cancer and reproductive issues (yikes!) while non-comedogenic basically means, it won't clog your pores which would lead to pimples (double yikes!)


Cons:
  1. The price (although it is cheaper that more branded ones...still I wish they could just lessen the price just a wee bit)

Will I buy it again? Yes, despite my qualms on the price...the Pros clearly outweighs my one and only con




No comments:

Post a Comment